March 16, 2020
COVID-19 Update for Bethel-Tate Local School District
Dear parents and students of the Bethel-Tate Local Schools community;
The COVID-19 situation has continued to effect and change our daily lives and routines. The Administration has been in countless meetings with various state, regional and local leaders as well as among ourselves working to make the best decisions regarding the constantly changing situation. Our desire is to provide our students the best alternative remote education possible.
Effective as of today the Bethel-Tate Local School District staff workday and instructional delivery will consist of the following:
- Instructional staff will have the option to work from school or remotely from home.
- The Instructional staff will be available to students and parents from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Fridays.
- Drop off and pick up of student materials will be from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Fridays.
o All educational materials drop-offs and pick-ups will be in the Buildings’ main vestibules located just outside of the offices.
o In person meetings with staff / administration must be scheduled ahead of time.
- Secretarial Staff at the Building and the Central Office will report from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. EMIS aides will work with their building principals to determine their schedule and work assignments.
- Instructional staff is preparing their lessons and will be utilizing various online tools such as Google Classroom.
The District’s Food Service Department is providing “Grab and Go Meal Bags” for all families of the Bethel-Tate Local School District children that are 18 years of age or younger. The process for distribution is explained below:
- Bethel-Tate Local Schools will be providing “Grab and Go Meal Bags” for all Bethel-Tate Local Schools residents 18 years or younger.
- There will be Breakfast and Lunch items in the bags.
- The location to pick up these items for All District Students will be at the Middle School in the Red Building next to the Tennis Courts. Please park in the rear /south lot.
- For Monday and Tuesday of this week we will be distribute the Grab and Go Meal bags at the Middle School location from 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Effective and beginning on Wednesday March 18th we will distribute twice a week and provide 3 days of meals per any child 18 years or younger during these distribution times. We will also be distributing twice a day during these times. The pickup times will be on Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. then at 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Please note that during the week of spring break, March 23rd through March 27th this service will not be available. But will resume on March 30th.
- Students do not need to be present for pick up. All we ask is for those picking up for others to provide the student's name and who is picking up the meal.
- The Food Services staff will be there to assist with any questions.
Our staff has done an outstanding job in quickly preparing all that is needed during this unprecedented period of time for our students and members of the community. My prayers and deepest wishes go out to everyone here at Bethel-Tate Local Schools. Please stay safe and healthy in the days and weeks to come.