Links to Bus Routes For 2019/2020 School Year
Please click on the school below to see the route:
Hill Intermediate School
Bick Primary School
BUS DANGER ZONE
The danger zone for a school bus is the area 10 feet around the bus.
The two most dangerous places are:
- Front of the bus
- Right rear tire area
Please take the time to check your children’s clothing and book bags to make sure they are safe.
Talk to your child about:
- Avoiding the danger zone around the bus.
- Do not try to pick up anything dropped near the bus. The bus driver might not see you.
- Remembering that some motorists do not always stop for a stopped school bus.
- Being careful whenever getting on or off the bus.
Motorists around school buses need to know the signals and laws that concern school buses to help keep children safe:
- Do not pass a school bus that has the red flashing lights on. This is the signal that the bus is stopped to load or unload children.
- Traffic should not move until the bus resumes motion.
- Traffic shall stop in the area by Wichard’s and Family Dollar in Bethel for a stopped bus.
- When a bus has yellow lights on it is preparing to stop to load or unload children. Be ready to stop and watch for children in the roadway.
Parents are very important in helping keep children safe on the school bus. Parents can help by:
- Reviewing the safety rules with children. Help them understand why each rule is important.
- Dressing children in light colored clothing or jackets on dark mornings.
- Help children be ready at the stop 5 minutes before their bus arrives.
- Take turns supervising bus stops for smaller children.
- Bus drivers help to keep children safe in several ways:
- Drivers watch surrounding traffic closely to keep school children safe.
- Drivers will signal to children that need to cross the street only when traffic has stopped.
- If an emergency vehicle approaches while loading or unloading the driver will get the children to a place of safety until the emergency vehicle passes.
We strive for a safe and happy school year!